Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Monday 10 February 2014

Which way. Introducing the new routes facility.

Due to the bad weather cafe visits have been light over the last couple of weeks. However I have taken the opportunity to update the blog with a new routes facility. 

To enhance your cycling cafe or tearoom experience I have provided a Google map, at the end of most posts, showing the route used to get to the venue being reviewed. I have also added the ability to download the route to your cycle GPS (if you have one). You will see a list of all the routes available on the right hand side of the blog. 

Some routes are circular and some are point to point. On the point to point routes one end is at a train station to help facilitate your way to the start or for getting the train back at the end of the ride.

I have also added some helpful symbols on the maps as follows


Cafe or tearoom on route



Start/end route or instruction



Take care at this point

____    Busy stretch of road, not suitable for two abreast riding.

The routes are all on quiet roads but occasionally have small stretches on slightly busier roads when there are no other options. Hopefully these routes will prove useful and I would be keen for any feedback about the actual route or the routes facility.

If you do download the GPX then some do actually start at my house rather than Eaton crossroads as shown on the google map. However Eaton crossroads is only a short distance away so it should be obvious where to start although you are welcome to start from outside my house if you want.

After downloading GPX I suggest you import it into mapping software like Garmin base maps and then you can easily transfer it to your GPS device.


Happy cycling.







No comments:

Post a Comment