Well now we are at the end of Q1 it's time to check up on how it's going. So here is an update on progress. I hope to shortly develop a meaningless 9 box grid system to plot my development.
1. Cycle to more than the 80 different cafes I visited in 2014 by avoiding any more near death experiences this year.(Measure: number of cafes visited greater than 80, number near death experiences less than 1)
This is going extremely well with no near death experiences to date whereas I had already had one by this time last year. I'm also ahead on the visit target having reviewed 21 cafes in Q1. I could even break the 100 barrier as I have some exciting adventures planned for later in the year.
2. Record number of bike miles covered in the search for cafes to produce even more fascinating cycle/cafe/cake related facts. (Measure: Bike miles accurately recorded via bike GPS and new cafe cycle data capture spreadsheet)
4. Get cake Tuesday (first Tuesday after Black Friday and cyber Monday) to be a nationally recognised day (Measure: More press and media coverage than the 1 retweet of 2014)
5. Encourage all cafes to follow the old rhyme 'cheese Scone hot, fruit scone not' at all times (Measure: Cheese scones served warm factor of over 90%)
9. Record the data required to produce a quarterly progress report and have an end of year cafe cycle performance review (Measure: Produce Quarterly report of cafe/cycle/cake facts and publish end of year performance review write up)
Good Progress with date set (September 11th) and 9 cafe ride practice ride completed with lots of learning. Route firming up. More trial runs and practice needed but I now think it might just be possible.
7. Work out how to carry eggs safely on a road bike so I too can make use of the egg map of Norfolk. (Measure: Successful purchase and transportation of 6 eggs by EOY)