Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Wednesday 2 November 2016

Flapjack year 2016 update

Flapjack year 2016 update

With only a few weeks to go I thought it was time for a quick up date on my search for Flapjack of the year 2016.

This year I have been trying to find the best example of that cyclists favourite, flapjack, whilst on my travels round the cafes I have visited this year. I have also returned to some of my favourite cafes where I knew good quality flapjack could be found. 

It has been an extensive search with 34 cafes flapjacks so far tasted. Using the classical 3 T's of flapjack scoring system (Topology, Taste and Texture) I have narrowed the field down and will be revisiting (by bike of course) the top 8 cafes to purchase more flapjack so I can hold a flapjack off back at Crusader Towers in order to declare the winner.

Collection will be w/c 12th December with the flapjack off later that week. Hopefully the Cake Crusaders winners certificate will be with the victorious cafe before Christmas.

There is still more flapjack to be checked out over the next few weeks so the list could change but the current top 8 (in no particular order) are.

Betty's, Alysham - Apricot and white choc
Wiveton Hall -Chocolate
Pandoras, Norwich - Walnut and Maple
Potters tea room, Potter Heigham - Maple and Pecan
Funky Mackerel Sheringham - Black Cherry
Art cafe, Glandford - Raisin
Smallsticks, Happisburgh - Cherry and coconut
Salhouse Barn (Salhouse Garden Centre) - Plain

No comments:

Post a Comment