Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Saturday 26 October 2019

Wrong way round. (Marsh Larder, Harleston)

Marsh Larder,
Harleston,
Open Thur-Sun 09:00-16:00,
Highly Recommended
The last time I was out on a cafe cycle ride with Big George when Mrs Crusader phoned it was because the BBC were trying to get in touch as they wanted to do a feature on me for Look East (you can read all about what happened in my Cake Crusader book) so we were both pretty excited when I spotted a missed call from her a few miles into today's cycle.

As Big George got on to his agent I called Mrs Crusader back but disappointingly it was domestic admin and we wouldn't be on the telly tonight. (Note: If you work for the BBC or any major TV network then just to confirm me and Big George are always available as I have nothing better to do with my time, please contact Mrs Crusader for bookings).

With no pressing media engagement then we continued on our way down to Harleston and today's target destination, The Marsh Larder. Which we found it in a field by a farm. 
The Marsh Larder cafe
As it was half term it was heaving inside so we made use of the excellent outdoor seating area.
Part of the Marsh Larders outdoor seating area
The Cake selection was a very fine one, especially when I spotted one of my favourites, chocolate topped tiffin. I also took away some fruit scones for testing in my continuing search for fruit scone of the year #FSOFTY.
Excellent effective cake selection
Despite it being busy our refreshments soon arrived and I wasn't disappointed as my hot chocolate was a proper thick one and the tiffin was as good as it looked. As always Big George refused to have any cake and went for a bacon sandwich instead, he also thought his coffee only to be average but he is still in a mood as apparently Scotland lost to Japan in the Rugby world cup which he explained was a bad thing.
Today's excellent refreshments unless you are a scottish Rugby fan.
I thought the Marsh Larder was one of the best new (to me) cafes I have visited this year so highly recommend a visit. As Big George did not add much to my cafe rating input experience I plan to take some proper cake eating coffee drinking cyclists on a visit next Spring to get a proper second opinion. No hardship as far as I'm concerned.

Cycling guest cycling top tip no. 70. To add variety to your cycle rides try riding a familiar circular route the opposite way around as they often look quite different from the other direction.

I normal cycle this route in a clockwise direction but as a man who likes to live life on the edge then I decided to follow cycling guest cycling top tip 70 and go anti clockwise. As you can see from the photo the top tip was right as the route did indeed looked quite different and I will certainly follow this tip again.
Todays cycle route looked quite different in an anti clockwise direction
Scores
Hot Choc Quality
Guest Hot Drink Quality
Effective Cake Selection
Cake Quality
Ambiance and Atmosphere
Café Rating
8.3
5.5
8.6
8.1
7.8
7.66
Map of route


Click here to down load 43 mile Norwich Harleston loop GPX file for your GPS

1 comment:

  1. Your groundwork I just designate for your initially 1 week in higher education is good for your offspring to travel household and have his or her mothers and fathers, consult with these folks as well as think of where did they apply looking through, numbers, words, practice, plus 's. http://buf8inan7a.dip.jp https://imgur.com/a/jiISpzf https://imgur.com/a/2JEJtxz https://imgur.com/a/D1TitPf http://kb3ua1y8m5.dip.jp https://imgur.com/a/Bjhpduj https://imgur.com/a/pbJgOJC

    ReplyDelete