Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Saturday 21 December 2013

You didn't see me, right! (The Coffee Shop, Wymondham)

The Coffee Shop,
Wymondham,
Opening times Mon-Sat 09:00-16:30
Yesterday I was able to squeeze in one last ride before Christmas. It had to be a quickie as my guest, Big George, had to get back in time to prepare for their Annual Christmas drinks party. Mrs Big George was at work and didn't know he was sneaking out to play with me instead of doing his pre party chores. So it was a hush hush operation.

As we were in a hurry we set off far too fast and got to today's destination, the rather imaginatively named 'The Coffee Shop' in Wymondham, gasping for breath.
Standing by covered outside seating area. After locking bikes with Alarmio.
Once again it was good to see an outside seating area provided. This one was also completely undercover making it possible to have a hot drink whilst enjoying expansive views of the Wymondham one way system even in the wettest of conditions. 

On entering, the décor was slightly tired but at least there was a token bit of tinsel to give a slightly festive feel. Sadly there was no sign that the mini Father Christmases had made their way down from Holt to give it a proper Christmas feel.  (see Spoiled for choice). 

The cake selection was rather scone rich. There were a few other cakes but none looked that tempting and looking round all the other punters had all gone down the scone route. I could therefore only award a below average effective cake selection rating.

I ordered hot chocolate and cheese scone and Big George Cappuccino and cheese scone. Both our drinks were nice as were the scones but overall not a cafe I'll be rushing back to. I think the cafe is targeted more at the shopper and all fans of Norfolk market town traffic calming systems, rather than the cyclist.

As a result of our ride Big George said he won't have time to make the normal Christmas canapés that he has become famous for, which was disappointing news. We spent the way home coming up with excuses for him to tell Mrs Big George as to why there would be no canopies tonight and decided the best would be that the dog ate them. It was only when I arrived at the drinks party I remembered they didn't have a dog and we were rumbled. 


Hot Choc Quality
Guest Hot Drink Quality
Effective Cake Selection
Cake Quality
Ambiance and Atmosphere
Café Rating
6.0
7.0
4. 5
6.5
5.5
5.90
Map of Route

View 28 mile Norwich Wymondham loop in a larger map

Click here to down load 28 mile Norwich Wymondham loop GPX file for your GPS

No comments:

Post a Comment