Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Monday 31 March 2014

Sometimes need a plan B.

 Near Death Experience update (March 2014)

I had great plans for cafe cycle reviewing now that spring is here. I had a long list of suggestions of cafes to try, I had some requests from cafes to visit them, there was going to be the first ever European Cafe cycle reviews and the first steps on the marathon 'calorie neutral bike ride' world record attempt.

But why have I put this in the past tense. Well sadly last week I ended up in intensive care with a twisted bowel and have a lovely scar right up my tum to prove it. Apparently, although I was asleep at the time, I then went into something caused septic shock and my vital organs started to shut down. I have since been informed this is not a good thing and apparently once in this state you only have a 50% chance of pulling through. Fortunately due to all my cafe cycle riding I am fairly fit and thanks to this, and the healing power of cake, t I was able to wake up again a couple of days later and start on the road to recovery. 

Although now out of hosp I wont be able to get on a bike for several weeks and then several more weeks to build up long enough rides to include cafe stops.

However all is not lost as I have a plan B and in this case B is for Bus so for the time being the blog will become a bus cafe review blog. 

I'm not up to a bus ride yet but hopefully it wont be to long before Bus Cafe reviewing can start and could even become a regular feature for anyone, although I cant believe it would be the case, who doesn't like a nice bike ride before their hot chocolate and cake.


The Bus stop near my house where all Bus Cafe
reviewing is likely to start from or finish at

No comments:

Post a Comment