Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Tuesday 17 November 2015

Cheese Scone News

Finding the Cheese Scone of the Year 2015

Its time for my final mission this year of the three I set myself at the start of the year. 

First there was my trip to find the best cafe anywhere across Great Britain, literally (see St Davids to Lowestoft Day 1)

Next came my successfully attempt to set a world record for the number of cafes visited on a calorie neutral bike ride (see Is it a record?)

My final challenge has been going on all year and is cheese scone based with my campaign to make sure cheese scones are always served correctly warmed and never cold (remember cheese scone hot, fruit scone not).

So far this year I have had 46 cheese scones at different cafes or tea rooms. Of these 27 have come correctly warmed while 19 sadly came cold. In order to help gain more publicity to get more cafes offering the warm cheese scone I will be revisiting 10 of the best scones I've had this year in order to crown the 2015 cheese scone of the year.

The plan for the scone off is as follows
1. Revisit all the cheese scone short listed venues, by bike of course, and purchase two cheese scones to take away.
2. The scones will be collected over two rides on the 9th and 10th December. Unfortunately the scones are too far apart to do on a single trip at this time of year.
3. Back at Crusader Towers I will correctly reheat all 20 scones ready for tasting
4. Myself and fellow judges will then blind taste the scones and rank them purely on our tasting experience
5. Winning scone will be announced and awarded a coveted Cake Crusaders winners certificate in time for Christmas.

I have gone through my detailed records and notes from this years cafe cycle reviews and have found 13 cheese scones of note. To get down to my final 10 I have had to eliminate 3 purely based on if I could get to them on a bike ride which I can complete in daylight (yes I have heard of cars but that's not the point) so I have had to miss some potentially good ones out.

Over the next few days I will announce my 10 short listed cheese scones on twitter and Facebook before publishing the route and full list on the blog next week.

The world of cheese scones doesn't get better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment