Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Wednesday 22 June 2022

Coffee duel. (Cannells by the River, Reedham)

Cannells by the River

Reedham,

Mon-Sat 08:00-5:00, Sun 9:00-4.00

Recommended

Now the sun is out again I thought it was time to head off on a cycle cafe review and with the wind from the East for a change it was a chance to go out that way. I decided I should visit Reedham as I hadn't been since the cup cakes cafe shut many years ago. Its now reopened as Cannells by the River.

I gathered some cycling guests to join me but there was only MickMike(the man with two names, Old School cyclist Dom and fellow cycleparkruncyclist Mark available who are all blokes. This obviously meant that instead of the normal leisurely chatting we got into an imaginary race with added commentry about peletons, breakaways, bridging etc. 

The race to Reedham in full swing

After a hetic dash down the Loddon road, with many breakaway attempts, then the peleton was all back together as we entered town. But what was this, lining the side of the road was a real cycling crowd who had obviously heard about our imaginary race and had come to cheer us through Loddon. We were all very excited, until Old School cyclist Dom realised it was actually the queue for the bus.

Undeterred we sped further east until we arrived at the ferry terminal at Reedham ready for our crossing.

As always I booked an outside cabin and we settled in for the cruise.

Enjoying the river crossing 

Once in Reedham we had a dilemma. I won't name names (but Gary you know who you are) said the coffee was better at the post office tearoom but better cake selection at Cannells. I deided to opt for the cake selection but will be returning soon to test the post office tearoom out as well.

Outside Cannells

The cake selection didn't dissapoint as we sat by the river enjoying the lovely day. 

Cake selection 

The cakes and drinks soon arrived. They were nice cakes and the drinks were fine but both the hot chocolate and coffess were abit on the weak side so it will be intersting to find out how the post office does next time. However I would still recommend a visit.


The way back was equally delightful as myself and Mark chalked up another few miles training for our attempt to cycle and run the 10 new parkruns in Norfolk that have started since we first did the challenge back in 2018. Sadly Mark re agitated his achilles injury on the ride meaning we have once again had to postpone the 1st ride on the challenge until the end of July. So Mark won't be invited on any more training rides until then.

Scores

Hot Choc Quality

Guest Hot Drink Quality

Effective Cake Selection

Cake Quality

Ambiance and Atmosphere

Café Rating

5.5

6.3e

7.8

7

8

6.93

Route


Click link to download 41 mile Norwich Reedham ferry loop gpx file for your GPS

No comments:

Post a Comment