Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Thursday 24 September 2015

Gone but not forgotten (How to deal with recently closed down cafes and tearooms)

I have been cycling round to cafes and blogging about my experiences for nearly two years now. In that time I have posted about 115 cafes in East Anglia and added them to my cafe location map to aide fellow cyclists looking for a cafe stop on their bike ride.

However recently I have become aware of four out of the 115 cafes that have closed down and this has left me in a dilemma. On the one hand I want the information to be up to date but on the other hand I don't want to lose the history of all my rides.

I have therefore come up with a 3 point plan to deal with this situation.

1. Remove all closed cafes form the cafe locations map and locations list
2. Remove all closed cafes from cafe league table
3. Keep the post relating to the cafe available on the blog but put a note at the the top of the relevant post stating it is now closed

I have implemented these changes for the four now closed cafes which are:

Stephanie's in Eaton
The Mill at Yaxham

No 5 at Harleston 

Maxims at Lenwade

I'm sad to see them go but I have another 55 to visit on my current to do list. These have been recommended by people who have contacted me to tell me of their favourite destination so there is still much to be done in the cycle cafe world.


No comments:

Post a Comment