Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Lets find a Cafe (or tearoom)

Locations of reviewed cafes

For more information on the Cafes I have visited and the latest cafe cycle news go to http://www.cake-crusader.co.uk/

Cake Crusader Book

There is now a Cake Crusader book available where you can follow my journey from humble local trips to world record attempts and near-death experiences. How did a simple method of keeping track of decent cycling café pit stops turn my life upside down? Track my adventures into Europe, up mountains and right across Great Britain as I become a 'rising star' on social media. Will I prove my critics wrong? Should cheese scones be served hot or cold? Do I really have nothing better to do with his time? A must read for lovers of cycling and cake or anyone wanting to make it big in the virtual world

Available on Amazon


Monday 13 November 2017

Mr X revealed. (Gluten Free Cafe, Norwich)

Gluten Free Café,
Norwich,
Opening times Mon-Wed 10-2:30,
Thur-Sat 10-8
Today was my third of 5 new cafe's I planned to visit over 8 days. I planned to meet the mysterious Mr X at a venue in Norwich. The ride was a short one as it was less than 2 miles from my house to our meeting point so not surprisingly rather uneventful.

I arrived at todays cafe of choice at Timber Hill in Norwich. As always Mr X had come in disguise, this time by losing a lot of weight since our last trip, so he was hard to spot. Once I had identified him he informed me our target cafe was shut on a Monday, as was my second choice. This left the Gluten Free Cafe as the only remaining option, so we went there.
Ready to check out the Gluten Free Cafe
The cake selection was a bit limited but there was the first appearance of Christmas cake this year so Mr X went for that while I choose Mississippi mud pie. It was hot chocolate and americano coffee on the drinks front.
Rather small cake selection
Feedback from readers have constantly asked me to reveal Mr X's identity although I can't do this as he should be at work creating shareholder value rather than tasting cakes with me. However he did say I could publish his photo so this is what Mr X looks like.
Cheers Mr X
Both our drinks were good and got decent marks
Good drinks
but the cakes were less impressive with my mississippi mud pie being particularly disappointing with rather too much icing. 
Cakes pre tasting
After we had finished our refreshments Mr X returned to the world of Big Business and I promised I would make sure I checked the opening times of my target cafes before our next catch up.
Scores

Guest Hot Drink Quality
Effective Cake Selection
Cake Quality
Ambiance and Atmosphere
Café Rating
6.8
7
5.5
6
6
6.26

No comments:

Post a Comment